Tuesday 28 July 2009

The odds are against me...thank Gawd for Horoscopes!

If you're like me, one for the 2.3million people in the UK who is unemployed and actively looking for work, I want to take this time to say congratulations for not jumping off a bridge, building , NCP, roof top......something of height! I know it's hard and with odds like 2.3 million against you in a recession, I'm at a loss for advice to give but keep trying and dont give up!
The odds of a job are slim, online job sites and applications cut that slim in half! Where as before 10 people were applying for a job now 50 people are competing online! I can do between 50-80 jobs one-click apps a day through online sites and I might get 3 (if I'm lucky) call-backs in a week and 2 of them will be just to find out a bit more about me - because my CV and cover letter didn't spell it out clearly enough! The Job Centre has job search machines which has helped me find my perfect job in Carlisle...where?? I live in London!!! - but their just puttin you in touch with another recruitmentagent not the actual job. Recruitment agents waste your time, I have 7 - and what have you done for me lately!? And then there's handing out your CV in retail outlets... retail is not in any way demeaning but this was something I thought was behind me after slaving it out in sweat box shops on minimum wage for the best part of my teens! You have to hand out 20 to get at least 2 call backs and that's if your CV makes it past the counter girls....

**Oh Gawd, I just read this back - how depressing - PLEASE DONT KILL YOURSELF!!!!

Today after pacing the whole of Westfields I handed out 20 of my 30 CVs to retail outlets of whom 15 were actually hiring and I got 1 response. An interview and a trial shift at Vans tomorrow....goodluck to me and to those of you with interviews tomorrow including my friend Byron!


Body wrecked and hungry I read this in the paper on the way home and made me smile...I'm a Taurus...but of course!




Boy!!! I hope it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ur thought's plize?