Tuesday 16 June 2009

......No body is pre-approving me!!!!

Summer time can only mean one thing; I'm not talking the garage music, spying for boys or sun tans.......its Indian wedding season.


Indian wedding's are a beautiful thing and great fun to attend. You catch up with friends old and new, eat, drink and be merry. But behind the glossy mandap (like a gazebo) and greasy catered food there is a unspoken culture of desperate mother's ready to get their son or daughter married off in the hopes that they will stop sucking at the tit and move the fuck out!!!!!!! The perfect setting for this is of course an Indian wedding; everyone's dressed up looking their best, everyone's kinda related or a family friend and it's a wedding so there's naturally love in the air ....mixed with the smell of 100 Saree's imported from India..........its kinda of like a musky smell!?!?!


Weddings are also a great excuse for all the mothers with daughters who are of a suited age - anything between 23 and 43 (some people find it hard to find a match)- to flock to Green Street, Southall and Eailing Road to consume copious amounts of saris , matching bangle, bhindis and even decorated pins to hold the illusion it all together. All in the hopes that when attending one of many wedding's this summer you'll be spotted by some of a pilot, doctor, dentist or city banker; he will see you all dressed up and will then nod at his mother and give her the sign. She by now has already set the wheels in motion and has gone through ten people to find out who you are....if their lucky by the end of the day they will know your bust size, what you ate for dinner on Monday and what you earnt last year after tax......WTF!?!?!.....No body is pre-approving me!!!


I sound like a moany bitch but really its all good fun. I F**king LOVE to play dress up and tease those hopeful mothers and their sons into thinking I would actually be a respectable choice cos I have almond eyes, long hair and a warm smile =presentable! Then they hear - she works in media, stays out late and has tattoos = unstable and wild.......but of course!
Luckily my ma has never pushed me into marriage and understands that you can't tame this beast. Back to the point of this blog....I went shopping in preparation for Indian wedding season with Ma and we spent 4 hours choosing saris, some materials, blouse pieces, lining and some matching accessories. I'm an Indian girl through and through. From the way I walk, talk, dress, to my cooking and cleaning and all the way up to the way I wear my hair.....and I love to shop I ain't looking to get married just yet.....check it out!



Fabric and material shop....goes on for yards....hehe yards, gedit?!



bangels galore....they even had them hanging from the ceilings



Bhindi's


Saree's


More Sarees


How to be a pefect little indian girl kit for those of us who has lost touch....I think this is a perfect little pack ;)



they had my name .... English shops never do!

Sweet me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ur thought's plize?